The PRINCE2 Agile guide supports a new qualification which is being offered as an extension for those who already hold a PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification. PRINCE2 Agile is the most up-to-date and relevant view of agile project management methodologies and the only framework covering a wide range of agile concepts, including SCRUM, Kanban and Lean Startup.
PRINCE2 Agile provides guidance on tailoring PRINCE2 in an agile context and covers:
- How to tailor the integrated set of PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes
- How to produce the PRINCE2 management products
- How to map the common agile roles to the PRINCE2 project management team structure
- How to incorporate the fundamental agile behaviours, concepts and techniques into PRINCE2
The strength of PRINCE2 lies in the areas of project direction and project management whereas agile has a very strong focus on product delivery. When PRINCE2 and agile are combined, project direction, project management and project delivery are all optimized to create the worlds most complete project management solution.
PRINCE2 and agile each have their own strengths and when combined they complement each other and create a holistic approach to managing projects in an agile way. The majority of the guidance will be new to those familiar with PRINCE2, and will look at the interactions between the two approaches and how each needs to be adapted to accommodate the other. PRINCE2 Agile is also relevant for programme managers with MSP® who will need to understand not only how the programme relates to the projects, but also how projects relate to the delivery mechanism.
- The primary purpose of this guidance is to help and support the existing PRINCE2 community and in particular PRINCE2 practitioners.
- Anyone directing or managing a PRINCE2 project that is using agile will benefit from this guidance
- Anyone involved with, or impacted by, a PRINCE2 project that is using agile will also benefit from this guidance (e.g. Project Support, Quality Assurance)
- Organizations and individuals who are using PRINCE2 and wish to extend their knowledge and understanding of Agile