Besides the DevOps Professional Courseware (ISBN: 978 94 018 313 7) publication you are advised to obtain the publication The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations (ISBN: 978 19 427 8800 3).
The word DevOps is a contraction of ‘Development’ and ‘Operations’. DevOps is a set of best practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of IT-professionals (developers, operators, and support staff) in the lifecycle of applications and services, leading to:
• Continuous Integration: merging all developed working copies to a shared mainline several times a day
• Continuous Deployment: release continuously or as often as possible
• Continuous Feedback: seek feedback from stakeholders during all lifecycle stages
The DevOps practices covered in this certification are derived from the Three Ways:
- The First Way is to enable the work to move fast from left to right, from Development to Operations to the customer.
- The Second Way is to enable feedback to go fast from right to left, from all stakeholders back into the value stream.
- The Third Way is to enable learning by creating a high-trust culture of experimentation and risk-taking.
Moreover, the crucial subjects of security in all stages, and maintaining compliance during change are covered.
The certification has been developed in cooperation with experts in the DevOps work field.
Recommended per knowledge:
Pre-knowledge of Agile, Lean and/or IT Service Management, for instance through the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam, LITA Lean IT Foundation exam or EXIN IT Service Management Foundation based on ISO/IEC 20000 exam, is recommended.