€ 31,75€ 18,55€ 31,75€ 18,55€ 31,75€ 18,55€ 18,55€ 19,50€ 23,85€ 113,42€ 113,42€ 113,42€ 113,42€ 68,90€ 151,58
1 Title/current version of PRINCE2® books
PRINCE2® - Edition (PRojects IN Controlled Environments)
2 The basics PRINCE2® books
PRINCE2 is a process-based project management approach
suitable for any type of project; it is a de facto standard used
extensively by the UK public sector and is widely recognized and
used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.
3 Summary of PRINCE2® books
PRINCE was developed for IT projects by the UK Central
Computer and Telecommunications Agency (CCTA) and first
released in 1989. It was renamed PRINCE2 when revised in 1996
to make it applicable to all types of projects. PRINCE2 is now
owned by Axelos. The latest version was published in 2009 in two
• Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (for people who
work on projects on a daily basis)
• Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (for people who
lead or sponsor a project)
The key features of PRINCE2 are:
• Its focus on business justification
• A defined organization structure for the project management
• Its product-based planning approach
• Its emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and
• Its flexibility to be applied at a level appropriate to the project
PRINCE2 comprises a set of principles, a set of control
themes, a process lifecycle and guidance on matching the
method to the project’s environment. The control themes
are those aspects of project management that need to be
addressed continually throughout the project lifecycle. They
provide guidance on how the processes should be performed.
The set of PRINCE2 themes describes:
• How baselines for benefits, risks, scope, quality, cost and time
are established (in the Business Case, quality and plans themes)
• How the project management team monitors and controls
the work as the project progresses (in the progress, quality,
change and risk themes)
The organization theme supports the other themes with a
structure of roles and responsibilities with clear paths for
delegation and escalation.
PRINCE2 also provides a process model for managing a project
(see Figure). This consists of a set of activities that are required
to direct, manage and deliver a project.
4 PRINCE2® books Target audience
Project managers, project team members, senior management
involved in the decision-making activities of the project.
5 Scope and constraints of PRINCE2® books
PRINCE2 is a generic project management approach that can be
used for any type of project.
PRINCE2 complements MSP™ (Managing Successful
Programmes); the two approaches were developed together with
the intention of seamless fit between them.
• PRINCE2 can be applied to any type of project
• It provides a common vocabulary and approach
• PRINCE2 integrates easily with industry-specific models
• The product focus clarifies what the project will deliver, and to
which agreed quality standards
PRINCE2 is not a complete answer to project management. It
does not contain topics such as leadership or any ‘soft skills’, and
neither does it contain techniques such as network planning and
Gantt charts. These methods and techniques can, however, be
incorporated with PRINCE2 without any problem.
6 Relevant website of PRINCE2® books