ITIL® Foundation – 3 days
The purpose of the course is to ensure that students gain an understanding of the IT Processes than manage IT services from their concept stage through design and development and safely into a production environment. In ITIL these stages are known as: Service Strategy; Service Design; Service Transition; and Service Operation. Students will also appreciate the concept of continual service improvement and quality control.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to understand:
• Service management as a practice (comprehension)
• The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
• Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
• Key principles and models (comprehension)
• Selected processes (awareness)
• Selected functions (awareness)
• Selected roles (awareness)
• Technology and architecture (awareness)
• Competence and training (awareness).
The target group of the ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
• Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
• IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
Student must pass a 60 minute, 40 question closed book multiple choice, examination with a passing score of 65% in order to receive this certification.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification should have a general awareness of IT and appreciation of their own business environment and should take the opportunity to do some pre-course reading focusing on the documentation provided.