Data Governance is rapidly becoming a ‘must have’ for any organisation wanting to manage its data, improve its quality, and control its security, access and uses. An average organisation’s data is doubling every 15 months. Propelled by Big Data, Cloud Computing and other innovations, this rapid increase in volumes is compounded by the increasing speed and complexity with which data is created and stored. Organisations are also under increasing customer, regulatory and legal pressures to get data right. Data Governance is seen as a keystone in any solution to address these challenges.
Many organisations have already recognised the potential value of Data Governance and have started governance initiatives. Though some have succeeded, many are faltering or have failed. Attending this 2-day seminar & workshop will ensure that you set off on the right path to successful and sustainable Data Governance.
Key Topics include:
• What is Data Governance?
• Why is it increasingly a ‘must have’ for organisations
• Building the internal case for Data Governance
• How and where do you start to introduce Data Governance
• What are the main components of a successful Data Governance initiative
• How can you revitalise or recover a faltering Data Governance programme
• Creating the Data Governance roadmap
• What benefits can you expect and how you measure them
• Real life Data Governance success stories
• Your role in Data Governance – how to prepare yourself to win
Note that this course will help you whether you are new to Data Governance or already working as part of an existing Data Governance team or programme.